The digital flight plan, launching in late June, provides pilots with a more navigable, user-friendly flight plan designed with the pilot in mind. By eliminating the necessity to shuffle through reams of paper, your search for pertinent information is faster and easier, giving you less heads down time.
- Hyperlinks to every area of information on the flight plan
- NOTAMs that are linked, clearly labeled and organized
- Option to send the flight plan to your Surface and share it with the rest of your crew
- Automatically calculate your HOWGOZIT times by entering an OFF time on the digital flight plan
- Calculate rest breaks automatically
- Highlight pertinent info for reference
This first iteration of the digital flight plan rollout is a step in the right direction, focusing on improvements to functionality that will benefit pilots. While we expect continued improvements, pilots are encouraged to gain experience using the digital fight plan on the line.